Father Irioneo Maggioni

Name ID 365

See also

Luhikula, Gratian Tourist Guide to Tanzania
Extract Date: 1957

three vine seedlings

A Passionist Father of the Bihawana Mission near Dodoma, planted three vine seedlings out of curiosity. Now [1991], over 300 acres are under cultivation

Extract ID: 554

external link

See also

All Africa.com
Extract Author: Daniel Benno Msangya, Dar es Salaam
Page Number: 03
Extract Date: 1957

Erengo Maggion experiments

Copyright 2001 African Church Information Service. Distributed by allAfrica.com. For information about the content or for permission to redistribute, publish or use for broadcast, contact the publisher.

In 1957, another priest, Erengo Maggion, who was transferred to Bihawana, then the Catholic headquarters of the Diocese of Dodoma, made another experiment which was considered successful and encouraged the missionaries to construct a small plant - winery - which still exists.

Extract ID: 3896

See also

Amin, Mohamed; Willetts, Duncan and Marshall, Peter Journey Through Tanzania
Page Number: 110

Vines

Vines were first intoduced into Tanzania in 1938 by the Holy Ghost Fathers near Kondoa. In 1957 Passionist Father Irioneo Maggioni, of the Bihawana Mission, planted near Dodoma, three vine seedlings out of curiosity. They proved such a success that today [1984] some 2,980 acres of vineyards are under cultivation around the new capital.

Extract ID: 555
www.nTZ.info